Home » Student Spotlight » Meet Past Innovo Pitch Competition Contestants

Meet Past Innovo Pitch Competition Contestants

In March, 2016 thirteen undergraduate students applied to become part of the Innovo Pitch Competition in the hopes of winning top prize of $2500. After coaching, and refining their pitches, five contestants made the final round. Through the process of receiving feedback from judges and fellow pitch contestants, some of those contestants told us about their experience. Here’s what they had to say.

koreyinnovopitchcompetitionAfter participating in the Innovo Pitch Competition, I can truly attest to the fact my perception on becoming an entrepreneur has changed. The competition provided a deeper insight into how a pitch should be presented, including knowing your customers and building a story behind your product. I was able to network with professionals and business owners in Charlotte. These moments made me realize that with enough resources and a steady aid of help from other entrepreneurs that I could conquer anything as a potential businessman. I know that I will never give up because of my life-changing experience with Innovo.

– Korey A. Smith, Innovo Pitch Competition Contestant