UPDATE 04-15-20: The student Poster Competition will be hosted virtually between Thursday, April 23rd through April 28th. Stay tuned for further how to cheer on JCSU undergraduate students! Subscribe to our YouTube channel to follow-along with our Research How-To Video Playlist regardless of whether you were accepted to compete. Those who were accepted received an e-mail on how to access the necessary files.
The Student Poster Competition takes place on Wednesday, April 22nd from 11-1pm. Each poster session will last 2-hours. Please see below for full student poster competition guidelines.
Who can participate:
- Johnson C. Smith University undergraduate and graduate students from any academic field conducting research under the guidance of a Johnson C. Smith University faculty member.
- Johnson C. Smith University undergraduate and graduate students who participate in research at a National Lab under faculty guidance.
- Johnson C. Smith University undergraduate and graduate students who participate in research at another campus (e.g., summer research programs) under faculty guidance.
Poster Competition Format:
*Update* Multiple abstract submissions are now allowed.
Posters must be printed on 36” x 48” poster paper. The University will supply tripods for displaying your poster.
During the poster session, the presenter will stand next to their poster and engage with attendees by presenting their research and project details and answering questions about their project. Each poster session will last 2-hours and will take place on Wednesday, April 22, 2020.
Presenting as a Team:
Because research can be a collaborative process, students undertaking research as part of a team may co-present.
The presenters must be Johnson C. Smith University undergraduate or graduate students who plan to be at the conference and participate in the presentation (i.e. do not list your professor or other people who are involved in the research but will NOT be presenting at the conference).
Special Requirements for Team Presenters:
- Each presenter must complete the online registration form themselves by the deadline.
- Each registration must contain the same title and abstract.
- Poster teams may have a maximum of 6 presenters.
- Poster teams will share a single poster