Ready to present your research at a conference? Smith Institute for Applied Research offers Conference Travel Support Scholarships for students! Apply here for travel scholarships! Each scholarship provides up to $1500 to individual Johnson C. Smith University undergraduate or graduate students to toward the cost of travel to attend or present at a professional conference or professional meeting.
- All part-time and full-time, degree-seeking JCSU undergraduate or graduate students in good academic standing are eligible to apply.
- Eligible expenses include registration fees, transportation, and food and lodging associated with the travel experience.
- The travel must occur while the student is still enrolled at JCSU.
- Students must have at least a 2.75 GPA to be considered.
- Students may only receive one travel award per academic year.
- This is an individual award.
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
- Students must complete an application that clearly articulates how the travel experience will contribute to their academic and career success.
- Applications are due by the FIRST DAY of each MONTH and must be submitted 45 days prior to requested travel.
- Students who are presenting at a professional conference/meeting may request up to $1500 in travel support (must submit abstract).
- Students who are only attending a professional conference/meeting and not presenting may request up to $750 in travel support.
- You cannot be reimbursed for experiences that have already taken place.
- Funds are dispersed until depleted, beginning on October 1st of each academic year.