The Council on Undergraduate Research (CUR) is hosting a virtual conference, the National Conference on Undergraduate Research (NCUR), which will allow students to practice the skills that will help to advance in their careers after graduation. The virtual NCUR @ Home event will take place April 12-14 2021. Smith Institute for Applied Research encourages students to submit an abstract by the December 1st deadline for standard registration. Interested students should follow the steps below:
- Review NCUR’s abstract submission guidelines.
- Use the How to Write a Research Abstract video to write a new abstract or revise an existing abstract, making sure to adhere to NCUR guidelines.
- Complete the Smith Institute NCUR 2021 Conference Funding form.
- Visit the NCUR website to submit an abstract (JCSU students should list Dr. Tara Bengle, firstname.lastname@example.org, 704-330-1306 as the research coordinator after logging-in to the NCUR website).
- Monitor e-mail for the status of the submitted abstract and notify Smith Institute at email@example.com if a student’s abstract is accepted.
Members of the Smith Institute team will be available to support students that are interested in submitting an abstract.