Student Conference Travel Awards are offered by the Smith Institute to individual JCSU undergraduate and graduate students to defray the cost of travel to attend or make a presentation of original research at an in-person or virtual professional conference or meeting. Ready to present your research at a conference? Smith Institute for Applied Research offers Conference Travel Support Scholarships for students! Apply here for travel awards! Students must complete an application that clearly demonstres how the requested travel experience will contribute to advancing their academic and career success.
- All part-time and full-time, degree-seeking JCSU undergraduate or graduate students in good academic standing are eligible to apply.
- Eligible expenses include registration fees, transportation, and food and lodging associated with the travel experience.
- The travel must occur while the student is still enrolled at JCSU.
- Students must have at least a 2.75 GPA to be considered.
- Students may only receive one travel award per academic year.
Policies & Procedures
- Students must complete an application that clearly articulates how the travel experience will contribute to their academic and career success.
- Applications are due by the first day of each month and must be submitted 45 days prior to requested travel. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
- Students who are presenting at a professional conference/meeting may request travel support (must submit abstract).
- Students who are only attending a professional conference/meeting and not presenting may request travel support.
- You cannot be reimbursed for experiences that have already taken place.
- Funds are dispersed until depleted, beginning on October 1st of each academic year.