Welcome to 2022 to all students, faculty, and staff! At Smith Institute, we look forward to supporting your research efforts and wish you a fruitful year at JCSU!
Remember all of your goals amidst the excitement of the new year. We are here to support you and your students! If you are a faculty member, we want to support your students.
Here’s a suggested framework for thinking of research milestones during your college career:
- Freshmen: Notice what interests you- it could be great fodder for selecting your research topic.
- Sophomores: Use your research interests to determine your research experience.
- Juniors: Conduct research and present your research at conferences and events.
- Seniors: Complete your Senior Investigative Paper.
Wherever you are in your college experience, research can help you in the following ways:
- Exploring career directions
- Enhancing resumes
- Preparnig for graduate or professional school
- Publishing your research
- Contributing knowledge in your field
- Building transferable skills
- Acquiring new, in-demand technical skills
- Change the world!