This year, the Council on Undergraduate Research has designated April 18th-April 22nd as CUR Week! Johnson C. Smith University will participate with activities that will engage both students and faculty. Smith Institute for Applied Research will host its annual Student Research Poster Competition during CUR Week, and will announce the winners later on its YouTube Channel.
Leading up to the competition, students will engage with Smith Institute to prepare for the competition. Students interested in competing can review guidelines in our Call for Abstracts!
Please see the Smith Institute’s 2022 Spring Schedule for specific dates and deadlines, however, here’s a general overview of the timeline:
- Watch Smith Institute’s workshop series via YouTube, which will include:
- writing a research abstract,
- developing a poster in PowerPoint,
- Apply for the competition using the online Qualtrics application
- Receive notification of acceptance into the competition
- Make recommended changes to your/abstract poster
- Share your entry in the competition on social media with #JCSU2022PosterCompetition
- Virtually attend Poster Competition Awards Ceremony
- BONUS: Use judges feedback to update your poster.
- BONUS: Enter the NCUR Conference 2023
- Add your research skills and competition to your resume
Additionally, faculty will have the opportunity to participate in the Fifth Annual Symposium on the Pedagogy and Curriculum of Undergraduate Research will be held online on Tuesday April 19, 2022. Faculty who are interested in responding to the call for proposals may complete the form: https://forms.gle/Hj59vTtJwGHmuEDC9. If there are any questions about the Fifth Annual Symposium on the Pedagogy and Curriculum of Undergraduate Research, please feel free to address them to Tim Champion at firstname.lastname@example.org.